Zucchini & Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 3-4 medium yams or sweet potatoes (about 8 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini (about 6 oz.) chopped
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 -15oz.can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 oz. white Cheddar cheese, shredded (about ½ cup)
- Optional – sour cream, cilantro, lime wedges, and green salad, for serving
- Wash and prick yams with a fork. Bake on baking pan in 350 degree oven 25-35 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the zucchini, onion, and spices and cook until tender and beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the beans, salt, and black pepper and cook just until the beans are warm, about 2 minutes.
- Split the sweet potatoes and loosen the insides with a fork. Divide the bean mixture, cheese, sour cream, and cilantro among the halves. Serve with lime wedges and green salad.