Turkey Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 3 cups chopped or shredded cooked turkey
- 6 ounces dry egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots and season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are just softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the thyme, broth and turkey to the pot and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the noodles to the pot and cook for the time that's listed on the package. Stir in the parsley and add more salt and pepper to taste. Serve.