Super Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 2 medium ripe bananas (previously sliced and frozen)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1 small handful kale (large stems removed)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Califia unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsp creamy almond or peanut butter (optional)
- Sunflower seeds
- Nature's Path Hemp Hearts Granola
- Raw or roasted nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Fresh berries - try organic strawberries!
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more almond milk (or water) to thin.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more ripe banana (or maple syrup) for added sweetness, more spinach for a bright green hue, or almond milk for creaminess.
- For more protein, add nut butter! This also offsets / enhances the natural sweetness of the smoothie.
Divide between 2 serving bowls and top with desired toppings!
- Best when fresh, though leftovers can be kept in jars in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.