Sourdough Veggie Sandwich
Recipe by: https://www.bluezones.com/recipe/vegetarian-sandwich/
- Olive oil to taste
- 2 thick slices of sourdough bread (Lockwood is fresh on Wednesday & Saturday!)
- Hummus to taste
- Sliced avocado to taste
- A few pieces of thinly sliced cucumber or radish (for crunch!)
- Small handful of peeled and grated beet
- Small handful of grated carrot
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- Handful of your favorite salad greens
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Drizzle the olive oil on the bread, then toast in the oven on one side.
- Spread the hummus on the untoasted side of the bread.
- Layer on the veggies and season with salt and pepper.
- Add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, then close your sandwich.
- Welcome to the world of delicious raw beets.