Mocha Matcha Latte
- 1-2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1-1/4 cups milk or milk alternative*
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Prep matcha: Add matcha powder and cocoa powder to a small bowl or mug. Add hot water and whisk well to fully dissolve the dry powders into the hot water.
- Heat milk: Bring milk of choice to a low simmer in a small sauce pan, or heat for 60-90 seconds in the microwave.
- Mix milk into matcha and cocoa: Pour the heated milk over the dissolved matcha and cocoa mixture. Stir with a spoon until completely dissolved.
- Sweeten (optional): If using unsweetened milk and you would like a sweeter latte, add 1 teaspoon of sweetener of choice (we like maple syrup) and mix until well combined.
- Garnish (optional): Sprinkle with matcha powder and/or cocoa powder, add a few vegan marshmallows, or add a few drops of peppermint oil and a candy cane for a holiday treat