Gluten-Free Banana Oatmeal Quinoa Pancakes
What's better than warm, nutrient-packed pancakes on a Sunday morning? Nothing.
- ¼ cup raw quinoa well rinsed and drained
- ½ cup water
- 1 ripe banana approximately 7” long
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- ½ cup Califia almond milk
- ½ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp pure stevia extract powder
- Add well-rinsed and drained quinoa into a saucepan with ½ cup water. Heat the saucepan over high heat and bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, cut and mash the ripe banana using a fork (or use food processor). Combine the mashed banana, 1 tbs oil, and non-dairy milk in a small bowl. Beat until well mixed.
- Let the semi-cooked quinoa cool for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine and toss together the quinoa, gluten-free flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon powder, and stevia. Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just no dry flour is showing.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and lightly grease the pan with oil (use a silicon brush to spread the oil to form a very thin oil layer if necessary). Measure one ice cream scoop full of batter for each pancake and drop into the pan. You can make up to three pancakes at one time. Use a rubber spatula to carefully spread the batter out to form 4” to 5” diameter pancakes without them touching each other. Cover the sauté pan with a lid and cook for 1 minute over medium heat. Flip to the other side and cook for another minute. Repeat the flipping-cooking for each side. Each side should cook for approximate 2 minutes. Grease the sauté pan for the next batch if necessary and finish the batter.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings.