Garlic Herb Potato Salad
- 3 lbs small red potatoes, scrubbed and rinsed and diced into small even size chunks (about 1-inch)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (from about 1/2 cup cup packed leaves with some stem)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh green onion
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water by an inch or two. Season water with salt (about 1 Tbsp).
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until potatoes are just tender all the way through, about 10 - 15 minutes (they should pierce easily with a knife, but you also don't want them really tender/mushy).
Drain potatoes and let cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
While potatoes are cooking prepare the dressing - in a mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, pepper, parsley, chives and thyme. Season with salt to taste (about 1 1/2 tsp).
- Let mixture rest while potatoes continue to cook and cool slightly, then once potatoes are ready, pour drained potatoes into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and gently toss just a few times to coat. Serve warm or chilled.