Cranberry Quinoa Chocolate Bark
- 3 tablespoons quinoa
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 12 ounces (2 cups) dark chocolate chips, vegan if desired
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons roasted salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Toast the quinoa over medium low heat in a dry pan for 3 to 5 minutes, shaking the pan often, until golden (some kernels will pop during the process). Remove from heat into a bowl to cool fully.
- Chop the dried cranberries.
- Fill a large skillet halfway with water and bring to a simmer. Place chocolate in a heat-safe bowl (metal or glass). Once the water is simmering, turn off the heat and place the bowl of chocolate in the water, then stir until melted. (Alternatively, melt in a microwave for 30-second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring in between each interval with a spatula). When chocolate is fully melted, stir in 2 tablespoons quinoa, ¼ cup cranberries, and ¼ cup pepitas.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread the chocolate mixture over the parchment paper in a 1/4-inch thick layer. Sprinkle over the top the remaining 1 tablespoon quinoa, ¼ cup cranberries, and 2 tablespoons pepitas.
- Refrigerate at least 15 minutes until hardened. When hard, cut into irregular pieces with a knife. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.