Chicken or Turkey Tetrazzini
A great recipe to whip up with your leftovers from Christmas dinner!
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup minced bell pepper
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- paprika to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper and saute until tender. Stir in cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth; cook, stirring, until heated through. Stir in pasta, Cheddar cheese, peas, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and chicken or turkey. Mix well and transfer mixture to a lightly greased 11x14 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.