Carrot & Black Bean Tacos
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb. medium carrots, cut into 3" to 4" sticks
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 8 whole-grain taco shells, warmed
- Sliced avocado, salsa, and chopped fresh cilantro and radishes, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add chili powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add black beans and 1/3 cup water. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Mash beans with the back of the spoon until thick. Stir in lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, toss carrots with cumin and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, turning once, until just tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Divide beans and carrots between taco shells. Top with avocado, salsa, cilantro, and radishes. Serve with lime wedges alongside.