Broccoli and Pea Fritters
- 200g broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 green shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tbsp gluten-free cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 60g baby spinach
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- 250g tub cottage cheese
- Lemon halves, to serve
- Place the broccoli, garlic, shallot and mint in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add peas and chickpeas. Pulse until coarsely mashed. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add the cornflour and eggs. Season well. Use a spoon to stir until just combined.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/4-cupfuls of batter and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining oil and batter.
- Serve the fritters with the spinach, cucumber, avocado, cottage cheese and lemon halves.