Black Bean & Zucchini Enchiladas
Recipe by: Veggie Inspired
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 zucchini (diced) (about 1 cup)
- 15 oz Eden black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan crystal salt (or to taste)
- 15 oz Eden Cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 16 oz Mike's Salsa
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup water (or vegetable broth)
- 8 tortillas (corn or sprouted ezekiel) (use corn tortillas for a gluten free option)
- Toppings of choice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion in 1/4 cup water until translucent - about 5-6 minutes. Add additional water as needed to prevent sticking.
Add the garlic, red pepper, zucchini, 1 tsp cumin, and 1/4 tsp salt and sauté 2 minutes. Add the black beans and stir to combine. Turn heat to low to keep warm while you make the sauce.
To make the sauce: combine the salsa, white beans, 1 tsp cumin, chili powder, 1/2 cup water, and 1/4 tsp salt in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth.*
Add 1 cup of the sauce to the black bean zucchini mixture and stir to combine.
Pour 1/2 cup of the sauce to the bottom of a 7.5 x 11 baking dish (or similar).
Place about 1/3 cup filling into one tortilla, roll up, and place seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Top the filled enchiladas in the baking pan with the remaining sauce and any remaining filling. Bake for 20 minutes.
Garnish with toppings of choice. Some good ideas are guacamole, sliced jalapeños, and/or cilantro. Enjoy!