Asparagus, Tomato and Feta Salad
- 6 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Makris olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Polinsky honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Himalayan salt and ground black pepper
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 1 pkg. grape tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (scant 1 cup)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile prepare vinaigrette - add vinegar to a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into a jar or bowl, add olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, garlic and whisk to blend while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add asparagus to boiling water and allow to boil until tender crisp, about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and cold water. Drain and immediately transfer asparagus to ice water, let rest about 10 seconds then drain asparagus well.
- Transfer to a bowl with tomatoes and walnuts. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle over half of the feta then plate and top with remaining feta (just so the feta doesn't brown from tossing with all the dressing).